DCDI WELCOMES YOU
Danika Community Development Incorporated emerged out of a pursuit to inspire and support the community, and a desire for actions to speak louder than words. Established in 2019, we’re an organization driven by progressive ideas, bold actions, and a strong foundation of support. DCDI knows that our strength lies not only in the words we stand by, but most importantly through the actions of our initiatives. Our Non-Profit Organization realizes that by working together and helping to increase the knowledge of our under represented groups, we can overcome our challenges much more efficiently, and that is why we ultimately decided to launch Danika Community Development Incorporated. Contact us to learn more and get involved.
~ Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day.
Teach someone to fish and you feed them for a lifetime. ~
- Multiple DatesThu, Feb 16Marygrove Conservancy, Mme Cadillac BldgThe Well provides a culturally safe space for Black men to express their thoughts, feelings and concerns on matters unique to their lives. It provides support, healing and restoration that impacts not only their personal lives, but their families and communities.
- Multiple DatesSat, Feb 18First Presbyterian Church of FarmingtonResume Writing and Interviewing taught over 3 consecutive Saturdays. Join us as we teach you how to create or update your resume with your transferable skills and practice interviewing to prepare you to put your best foot forward. *** You must attend all 3 classes
- Sat, Mar 04Marygrove: Madame Cadillac BuildingWe are excited to be hosting our 1st annual Men’s Health Fair. This event is free and open to the public. Our goal is to create a space for men and young boys of all ages to interact with over 30 vendors that provide products and services that in many cases cater specifically to you!
- Sat, Mar 04Marygrove : Madame Cadillac BuildingHi Vendors and Sponsors! We are hosting our 1st annual Men’s Health Fair. This event is free and open to the public. Our goal is to create a space for men and young boys of all ages to interact with over 30 vendors that provide products that in many cases cater specifically to them. Register here!
- Sat, Mar 11Centric Place3 Saturdays, Spring Financial Education Workshop. Allow us to educate your teens on why it’s so important to: Understand MONEY and how it works use credit with the future in mind learn the wealth equation save and save early Bank responsibly
WHAT WE DO
Furthering our cause is the most important goal of our organization. We work to create and sustain collaborations with organizations and corporations that share our vision. Our success isn’t measured in terms of wealth or profit margin, but by the value we provide to those we serve.
SpeakUpSis! Podcast Presents DCDI
DCDI Founder and President Danielle Ware was invited to the SpeakUpSis! Podcast to talk about how DCDI started and ways you can support the work of the organization!
THE WELL - MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH GROUP
Every 3rd Thursday of the Month. Registration encouraged.
At Danika Community Development Incorporated, we are dedicated to stepping up our efforts in addressing this important issue.
With our organization’s mission always in mind, we strive to offer a variety of workshops that enhance the lives of underrepresented communities. We take this very seriously, and our team is working each and every day to make a positive impact. Contact us to learn more.
FINANCIAL EDUCATION - GRADES 9-12
Resume Writing and Interviewing Workshop
- Presenting Your Skills - digitally and in person
- Translating Life Skills and Creating a Cover Letter
- Interview Prep and Practice
DCDI INAUGURAL ANNUAL MASQUERADE BALL
DINE OUT FOR CHARITY - SEDONA TAPHOUSE
A great big thank you to the community and Sedona Taphouse in Novi! We were able to raise $804 to continue putting on programs that help educate and strengthen our community.
WINE TASTING FUNDRAISER
Thank you to Vin Vin Vin! in Ann Arbor! We were able to raise $1200+ to put into our programs! ~Dec 2021
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"